Lord Xeroth

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Vampires Tavern

I occured to me that the tales and knowledge of the Vampires Tavern is almost lost. This is sad so let me give you a little piece of history.

Once, long times ago when chatrooms were pure ASCII (with a hint of colour) and the allmost only messenger was ICQ. Yes indeed, the beginning of commercial internet... In that wonderfull magical world there was a chatroom server hosted by the noble Lord Yahoo. No, he was't named because he shouted yahoo all the time, he just weared a T-shirt with Yahoo on it (just below his chainmail and yes it looked silly). That server contained in the hidden corners of the "Romance" section a hidden room called The Vampire's Tavern. This room was the most concentrated magical place on the complete internet. In the good days the room was filled with at least a hundered beings all sorts. We did some chatting, updated us with the latest news, got drunk and did stupid things. But most of all it was the best fun ever.

As always: everything comes to an end and so did The Vampire's Tavern and finaly the complete chat server. I too am guilty for this for I've abandonned the Tavern for years. I once returned and I only found some small remains of The Vampire's Tavern. I think that at the moment even those traces have perished.

As a tribute to The Vampire's Tavern I've created a Yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thevampirestavern . Maybe the group will be found or maybe not. At least The Vampire's Tavern will not be forgotten.

Lord X

11 Comments:

  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey stranger

    there are others still around, and a new game coming in the VERY near future...contact me

    KelticWitch
    kelticwc@yahoo.com

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger N said…

    Hello Hello,

    I've kept in contact with a few of the people from the Vampire tavern as well. Would love to know what everyone else is up to as well.

    ~Chloe Moonbane.

     
  • At 11:54 PM, Blogger Fae said…

    I'm a little late in the game with this but I used to be a regular of the tavern as well. I'm so relieved to find after even this long that there are others that have kept the memory alive. It's been years since then and it was all starting to feel like a memory that only I retained. If any of you are still out there, get in contact with me. It'll be nice to catch up after such a long time.

    ~Fae (fae_of_shadowen@yahoo.com)

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger dimitria said…

    I remember those days fondly as well. It is definately missed. Keltic, I found your website for the new game you mentioned. Good job so far, I hope others come back to play once more.

    Samantha aka Dimitria

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Rossi_ubiquitous_ guile_ rapacious

    I remember the vampire tavern

    215 512 4446

    Assamite

     
  • At 12:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I remember the old days well in the good old vampire tavern. What a magic and great time it was...everynight lol. I miss it truly. I often remember the nights. I hope all are well.

     
  • At 12:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Mine handle by the way was and is Draven Darkheart.

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Blogger Schteeven said…

    Dominae Christae may be down for a game if anyone needs help getting one together!

    found.my.marbles@gmail.com

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I have no idea if anyone is still here on this website but I fondly remember my days in The Vampires Tavern. It really was the best times ever lol. It is sad that yahoo got rid of it's chat rooms. I went by the name of Wolf Baby. I see a few names I recall from my days here. I hope life is treating ya'll really good

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Ahh I was Aluviel from the Tavern and I rped with Lady Adamned and Lady of Nile. Mordus as well. Lord Sanguine which I met in person.

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    maybe you hould make a vampires tavern in Vr chat? or in SecondLife.com I am Aluviel Nakamura in sl

     

Post a Comment

<< Home